Alpha Imaging Technologies is a proven leader in the wide format digital printing industry. Alpha has been long standing now for over fifteen years and with a combined knowledge of 60+ years in the printing industry Alpha can and will take you and your business to the next level of achievement.
for more information
or a demonstration.
fax 978-459-0088 firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch a video on Eco-Solvent vs. HP Latex for large and wide format printing.
Martin Salcedo of Visual Graphic Solutions tells of replacing a fleet of eco-solvent printers
with HP Latex Printing Technology, including the HP Designjet L26500 latex printer.
The HP Designjet L26500 Printerappeals to environmentally conscious customers by delivering odorless prints on recyclable HP printing materials. Customers can now print a broad range of applications in-house such as posters, wallpaper and high-end point-of-purchase displays without making any adjustments to the printer. Users that want to add a water-based Latex ink printing solutions to meet the growing demand for odorless applications need to check out the all new HP Designjet L26500.
Unrivaled versatility from one printing system
• Produce outdoor signage with durability comparable to eco-solvent inks.
• Achieve high-quality results-that meet clients' branding requirements-for all your clients' branding requirements-for all your indoor signage applications, from exhibition graphics to interior decorations.
• Print on a wide range of media, including coated media or polyester fabric and low-cost papers without treatments.
• Produce vehicle wraps with HP Latex inks that outperform eco-solvent inks.
• expect the most out of each application when you use the broad portfolio of Original HP printing materials.
Easy, automatic, low maintenance printing • experience easy, unattended printing with HP thermal inkjet printheads and automatic maintenance.
• experience greater uptime-with user- replaceable printheads you can avoid the delay and expense of a service call.
• Automatically achieve high image quality and consistency with the HP Optical Media Advance sensor (OMAs) and embedded spectrophotometer.
• Post-print production is easy with prints that come off the printer dry and ready-for lamination, packaging, shipping, and display.
• Minimize interruptions with pro-active alerts and the embedded Web server, which is accessible through your preferred RIP.
Go green, improve your operator's work environment
• Provide your print operators with an improved working environment-without the health and safety considerations of printshops that use eco-solvent-based printers.
• Build a competitive edge with odorless prints that allow placement in areas where odor is a concern.
• no special ventilation equipment or external dryer requirement helps keep energy costs down.
• Distinguish your business and attract new environmentally focused customers by offering a complete solution-including water-based HP Latex inks and HP recyclable media.
• take advantage of free, convenient HP programs for recycling Original HP ink cartridges and printheads, and prints produced on HP recyclable media.
AQUEOUS: thermal or Piezo inkjet printers using an ink known as aqueous or water-based. The term water base is a generally accepted misnomer. The pigment is held in a non-reactive carrier solution that is sometimes water and other times a substitute liquid, including a soy based liquid used by Kodak. Aqueous ink generally comes in two flavors, Dye and UV (alternatively known as pigment). Dye ink is high color, low UV-resistant variety that offers the widest color gamut. UV ink is generally duller in color but withstands fading from UV rays. Similar in general principle to desktop inkjet printers. Finished prints using dye inks must be laminated to protect them if they are to be used outdoors while prints using UV inks can be used outdoors un-laminated for a limited time. Various materials are available, including canvases, banners, metabolized plastic and cloth. Aqueous technology requires that all materials be properly coated to accept and hold the ink.
SOLVENT: this term is used to describe any ink that is not water-based. Piezo inkjet printers whose inks use petroleum or a petroleum by-product such as acetone as its carrier liquid. "Eco-solvent" inks usually contain glycol esters or glycol ether esters and are slower drying. The resulting prints are waterproof. May be used to print directly on uncoated vinyl and other media as well as ridged substrates such as Foam Board and PVC.
DYE SUBLIMATION: inks are diffused into the special print media to produce continuous-tone prints of photographic quality.
UV: Piezo inkjet printers whose inks are UV-curable (Dry when cured with UV light). The resulting prints are waterproof, embossed & vibrant. Any media material can be used in this technology, polymer made media are best. Ceramics, glass, metals, and woods are also used with printing with this technology.